North American Head of Programmes
Velocity Composites manufactures advanced material kits for use in the production of composite aircraft structures. The Company uses its process knowledge, unique business processes and proprietary software to reduce the amount of material required and time taken by its customers.
This is a new role within our management team where you will oversee the expansion of Velocity’s service offering into new territories in order to orchestrate the strategic objectives of Velocity’s board. The ultimate goal will be to ensure that new customers of Velocity are created in the requisite territory in line with the growth strategy of the business.
Working closely with the CEO, COO and CCO, you will become an essential part of the team in building and executing comprehensive multi-level plans of engagement with identified customers. This includes liaising with internal teams to manage the initial engagement, the RFQ process, bid submission, project implementation and infrastructure deployment.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely and effectively with the CEO, COO and CCO to keep them well informed of any identified opportunities, business risks and upcoming commitments.
- Identify and support account research needed to drive multi-level selling plans, which supports the wider business strategy. Liaise with CCO and directly with customers to agree on schedule and content of meetings, dates, timings and logistics.
- Work with the management teams to build a clear and documented understanding of our engagement strategies for each account.
- Collaborate with customers and Velocity executives to prepare, gather and proof briefing materials, agendas and presentations for all executive level meetings.
- Coordinate with executive assistants to arrange complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compile documents for travel-related meetings.
- Document and present a visually compelling plan to engage at multiple levels in those target accounts leveraging CEO, CCO, CSO and COO.
- Agree measures of success and document progress against the plan making it available and visible across the plc Board.
- Gather and document comprehensive feedback of meetings including agreed actions. Own communication of all actions to stakeholders and drive through to close.
- The chance to develop this new role and make it your own.
- The opportunity to work across multiple teams within the business at a senior management level and have a visible impact on Velocity’s growth.
- A rapidly growing yet well-established plc.
- The world’s most innovative aerospace organisations as clients.
- Analyst acclaimed supply chain leadership in a massive emerging market.
- Competitive salary including performance related annual bonus, share options, pension contribution and private healthcare.
You will be an ambitious individual with executive-level experience who enjoys being an active part in the success of a global organisation experiencing significant growth. This will be an opportunity to take growth strategies and deliver them across a whole region, adding people and infrastructure in line with the business model.
Velocity has a culture of hard work and we are all really passionate about what we are doing so you will be the type of person that loves the excitement of working in a busy environment and be used to managing multiple priorities.
Qualifications will include:
- 8+ years’ experience.
- Prior experience in aerospace composites essential.
- The ability to speak multi languages is desirable.
- Able to present to all levels at customers.
- Experience and knowledge of the current supply chain, the challenges manufacturers face and its limitations as production rates grow.
- Experience in creating business cases demonstrating real value for customers.
- Strong organisational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritise multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to grow an organisation and infrastructure to support the expansion of the business.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders and senior customers inside and outside the organisation.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Emotional maturity.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
In the first instance please send a CV and covering letter to:
Jon Bridges – CEO email@example.com
NB. This job description is intended for use as a guide only and is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities.
Strictly no agencies.