Process Engineer, Fareham
Responsible for the conversion of customer product requirements into data, processes and products prior to hand over to the production team. Contribute to the management of site based operational business issues by attending site Management Meetings as required and providing input into local decision making processes by balancing commercial and technical considerations.
Engineering Manager, Burnley.
Site based with regular and extensive travel to customer sites.
- Take the lead role in customer product development and implementation projects, capturing and interpreting customer requirements, developing high quality engineered product designs and manufacturing instructions to effectively and efficiently turn customer requirements into delivered solutions.
- Identify and exploit customer opportunities to strengthen the delivery of kitting solutions and provide increased benefits to customers.
- Independently write technical reports, customer documents and work instructions to agreed departmental standards.
- Ensure all data capture, files and documents are written, named and maintained in accordance with the company Quality Management System.
- Plan and monitor progress of engineering tasks to agreed timescales and report progress directly to the Engineering Manager, maintaining a record of work undertaken using on-site IT and data storage systems.
- Produce and “own” standard operating procedures (SOP’S) for all areas of work to comply with company quality system working to the meet the demands of the aerospace sector, paying close attention to process adherence, material batch control, traceability and product quality.
- Actively contribute to the definition of customer solutions and product development matters, including the delivery of complete concepts into the business.
- Highlight areas of new products, processes, and capabilities which could assist the business in its objectives by employing lean and continuous improvement methodologies wherever possible. Support the wider business to source new equipment, machinery and software.
- Work within terms of reference and budgetary constraints to ensure any engineering and /or business reputation linked risks are identified, evaluated, managed and costed.
- Actively manage own professional development, updating skills and networking with industry and sector contacts as appropriate.
Key skills and requirements
- Proven experience of working as a Project Support Engineer at senior level in a multi-site manufacturing business.
- Demonstrable evidence of the ability to work under own initiative to achieve local and departmental tasks whilst also communicating effectively with a remotely based Engineering team.
- Sound knowledge of business and manufacturing management principles; budgeting, engineering planning, continuous improvement, lean manufacturing methodologies, quality assurance and resource allocation.
- An understanding of current composite manufacturing techniques and market trends would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentational communication skills, evidencing an ability to influence stake holders and communicate confidently with external customers and senior managers.
- Excellent time management with proven ability to consistently meet tight deadlines by planning workload accordingly.
- Competent and confident user of industry standard CAD software (2D and 3D) and MS Windows and Office packages. Educated to degree level in a relevant engineering qualification or HND/HNC qualified and able to evidence demonstrable comparative experience.
- Demonstrable understanding of business and management principles; budgeting, strategic and technical planning and resource allocation.
- Ability to establish and maintain sound working relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to manage the ambiguity associated with rapid business growth and organisational change in a fluid manufacturing business environment.
- A full, clean current driving licence is essential.
NB. This job description is intended for use as a guide only and is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities.
For more information on any of the opportunities displayed on this page, or to apply please email email@example.com. Strictly no agencies.