Regional Project Manager
Department / Group
Project / Customer Management
Chief Commercial Officer
Velocity Composites plc (VC) is a fast-growing consumable and structural material kitting provider to the composite industry, specialising in the aerospace sector. Based in the North West the company has seen rapid growth over the past few years and is implementing a major phase of expansion. The reach of the company now extends across the UK and into a number of clients in Northern Europe. With a range of manufacturer and industry approvals and an excellent track record on delivery the company is an exciting and fast paced organization, high in demand, and ambitious in its outlook.
The Regional Project Manager works closely with customers and internal VC departments to implement services and complete the required transfer of work in order to satisfy customer expectations and support the successful growth of the Business. Identifying new opportunities, gaining customer buy-in, and developing positive business cases to meet the growth expectations. Manage existing business through regular interaction, developing good relationships and strategic awareness.
Role and Responsibilities
The Regional Project Manager has the following role:
- Regional representative and account management point of contact to customers.
- Support to customer RFQ development and VC’s responses/proposals – selling VC capabilities.
- Support to customer business case approvals process.
- Project Management of new business implementation and specific regional growth.
- Business opportunity identification, awareness of future customer trends, and relationship building.
- Support to medium to long term strategic planning development.
- Creating and maintaining a regional view of all current and potential clients,
- Maintaining customer maps/contacts and an understanding of customer organisations.
- Implementing customer kitting service contracts, utilising the internal project management methodology.
- Defining and maintaining; Project Charters, service proposals; business cases; project budgets; project plans; risk and issue registers.
- Conducting regular and professional project meetings with customers, internal departments, and the project steering committee (Board).
- Providing summarised and detailed management information and project reporting to stakeholders.
- Obtaining and reviewing customer demand data, analyze changes / impacts. Control and run weekly customer reviews, and the monthly internal demand process.
- Working with internal departments and customers to resolve issues provide for a smooth and efficient project delivery experience and deliver continuous improvement.
- Wider company and project communication to celebrate success.
The ideal candidate for the role will have a comprehensive understanding of production processes and the delivery of projects. They will be a collaborative team player, capable of thinking and acting independently, who is able to develop strong and beneficial relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Able to grasp the detail of the products and services being provided, the Regional Project Manager needs to have the vision, intellect, and confidence to see business opportunities and understand what needs to be done to convert them into valuable revenue for VC.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Graduate level qualification, or equivalent.
- Project Management relevant qualification (Prince2, APMP, PMI).
- Business improvement, process definition, 6Sigma training etc, (advantageous).
- Full driving license, and ability to travel freely across European boarders.
- Minimum 8 years industry experience working in the Aerospace sector or similarly regulated industry.
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively and professionally at all levels.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Knowledge of or experience in service provision to a manufacturing organisation is an advantage.
- High level of proficiently in business desktop) applications (Microsoft), Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Strong relationship management and customer facing experience essential, with a strong commercial awareness.
- Evidence of collaborative working, sometimes remotely, in project delivery and problem solving.
- Some customers are supporting military programs that may require security clearance.
- Clients are across a number of sites in the North of England and across Northern Europe and as such travel and access to a car are essential.
NB. This job description is intended for use as a guide only and is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities.
For more information on any of the opportunities displayed on this page, or to apply please email email@example.com. Strictly no agencies.